Sunday, September 15, 2013

Passenger's side front door

Front doors are definitely more work than rear doors - and NOT because I'm using components.
Let's see if I can remember.

  1. Remove door panel
  2. Unclip speaker wire and remove speaker
  3. Pull wheel well molding and unclip electrical connector.
  4. Remove wire channel from car and door.
  5. Run speaker wire through wire channel - this took about 30 minutes. I'm not sure why, but it's tighter in there with the existing wire. I passed the heavy copper fish wire from the top to the bottom, then I tape the speaker wire to the fish wire. I was using 10 gauge solid, insulated wire for this. I had to unscrew the door stop for this - even if it only got me 1/4" more room
  6. Replace the wire channel - this was difficult too - The upper portion wasn't challenging. The lower portion is secured to a large plastic, uh, thing. You need to remove this plastic piece from the lower a pillar - it snaps out. Then secure the wire channel to it, it only snaps on in at 120 degree angles.

    Wirechannel hanging off the top of the plastic pass through. It has to secure all the way around. then you click the pass through back to the A pillar.
    Once the wire channel is secured, the plastic pass through clicks back into the A pillar.
  7. Before you secure the lower portion of the wire channel to the car, you need to clip the speaker wires in the harness, so that you can pull them back into the cabin and connect them them to your cross over. So I think it's the brown/green wire and dark green wire. Clip and pass back into the cabin.



No comments:

Post a Comment